Govt. frames parameters for division of taxpayers under GST

99
Advocate In India
Advocate In India

Through computer based sampling (Random Sampling), the Central and State Governments will split the taxpayer base under GST. It will take into account the geographical position and type of taxpayer. This information is given by the government today.

In the circular sent to all the Chief Secretaries and Chief Commissioners of Central Taxes, the GST Council Secretariat has set guidelines for the division of taxpayers on the basis of business so that a single interface can be ensured under the new indirect taxes regime. Let us tell you that the goods and services law was enforced across the country on July 1, 2017.

According to this, 90 percent of taxpayers in the annual turnover of less than Rs 1.5 crore will be controlled by the state government. The remaining 10 percent will be controlled by the central government. At the same time, dividing taxis with more than Rs 1.5 crore is half-a-half between the Center and the state government.

In this circular it has been said that the taxpayers will be split in every state through computer and it will be based on random selection of samples. It will be taken into consideration by either the geographical location or taxpayer type, on which the two sides agree will be made the basis.

The GST Council Secretariat said that the state level committee, which includes the chief secretary or secretary of the concerned states and the Central Tax Commissioner, is already in a position to make effective coordination between the Center and the states.

Advocate In India

Comments

comments