The last date for filing Income Tax Returns has been increased from July 31 to August 5, 2017. This government decision is a relief for all the taxpayers who have not filed their income tax return so far. Since this morning, there were technical difficulties on the government website filing the income tax returns, which prevented people from filing their returns. In view of this, the government has decided to increase the last date for filing income tax returns.
You Can Use Two Methods To File Income Tax Return
To file an income tax return via offline, you first have to select the form, which is necessary for you to fill. I.e. ITR-1, ITR-2, ITR-3 and ITR-4 Of these, you will have to fill whatever applying you will have. You can download it from the Income Tax website (incometaxindia.gov.in). After downloading the form from here, you will need to fill out the form after taking his print. After this, you will have to fill the completed form in your city’s income tax office. This office will give you a Acknowledgment Receipt. For information, let us know that this office in Delhi is in the Civic Center.
Methods of Online Filing of ITR:
Tax Expert Ankit Gupta told that if you want to file an income tax return online, you can use two methods for this.
You can log in to your income tax account by going to the Income Tax website. After doing this, the E-Filing Income Tax Return option will come. You fill in the data based on the assessment year. After this, submit the return and then e-verify it.
There are 4 ways of e-Verification …
1. E-mail through OTP or mobile OTP
2. Through the base authentication (EVC)
3. You can also verify it by visiting your bank account website
4. You will have to take the copy of a consolidation and send it to the income-tax house located in Bangalore.
Address of the Income Tax Building of Bangalore Centralized processing center (CPC), Income tax department Bangalore-560500
You will have to download the XML Income Tax Form by visiting the income tax website. After downloading it, you fill out the form. After you fill the form, validate it. After this the XML file will be downloaded. After this, you have to upload this file by logging on to the Income Tax Account.
Keep In Mind:
• During the ITR filing the Aadhaar card has been made compulsory from July 1.
• During the demonetization, if you have deposited more than Rs 2 lakh in all your accounts, you will have to fill the details.
• There have been some changes in the form this time. Income Tax Form No.1 has been simplified and has been made to one page.
• If you live in a rented house, the exemption limit will be increased to Rs 60,000 from Rs 24,000.