Petition has been filed in the Supreme Court of Pakistan to hang Kulbhushan Jadhav soon. The petition has been filed on behalf of a lawyer Mujamil Ali. Recently, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) banned Jadhav’s execution. Said in the petition – the government will implement the decision soon.
- In the petition, it has been said that the Supreme Court should order the government to act quickly in case of Jadhav.
- Petitioner also requested from the Supreme Court that if Kulbhushan Jadhav’s hanging sentence is overturned then he should be ordered to be hanged soon.
- Pakistan claims that his forces had arrested Jadhav last year from Balochistan. Pakistan’s military court had sentenced Jadhav to hang on espionage charges.
ICJ said – behave like a responsible country
- On 19th May, ICJ announced the decision at 3.30 pm according to Indian time. Meanwhile Chief Justice Ronnie Abraham and the remaining 10 judges were present.
- Abraham first read the summary of the arguments presented on behalf of both the countries on Tuesday. After this, the ICJ’s order of merit (those things which are to be executed immediately) read out.
- Abraham said, “Both India and Pakistan are part of the Vienna Convention. They have to behave like a responsible country. Pakistan give India access to enslaved at Jadhav. The death sentence awarded by the military court can not be executed till the court has heard the last verdict on it. “
- “Jadhav has the right to file a Mercy petition. Every civil society in civilized society has no right to punish the previously concluded conclusions. “
- There is a very important thing in this judgment. The court has clearly said to Pakistan that he will have to tell the court this with the evidence that the order which ICJ has given to him has been implemented.
The judge mentioned these things in the verdict
- “Jadhav was arrested on March 3, 2016. The information was given on March 25. India sought for conclusive access and repeated it several times. On April 4, 2017, the Foreign Office of Pakistan told the press release that Kulbhushan Jadhav was given a military court has been sentenced to death. “
- “India opposed, Jadhav had to appeal against the punishment in 40 days, according to Pakistani law, but this happened or not? The court does not know about it.”
- “There are disputes about Jadhav’s arrest, it should be kept in mind, both India and Pakistan are part of the Vienna Convention.”
- “Pakistan’s objectives are not strong enough, therefore, these can not be considered, but it should also be noted that there is a mutual agreement between the two countries in this matter. It has been reviewed in 2008.”
- “According to the Vienna Convention, it is necessary that all members of the country should provide casual access to each other at all times.”
- “India has the right to appeal for consular access. Pakistan can not punish Jadhav till the last decision of the court.”
- “Jadhav has the right to file a mercy petition, and every citizen has a right to punish every citizen in the civilized society, and let the Pakistan court know what action he has taken on the order given by the court. The hearing will be on the basis of the merit. The governments of both countries will give their answers to the court for further. “
What is the matter?
- Pakistan’s military court has sentenced Jadhav to death for charges of espionage and anti-national activities. India says that Jadhav was kidnapped from Iran. After retirement from the Indian Navy, he was doing business in Iran.
- However, Pakistan claims that Jadhav was arrested from Balochistan on 3 March 2016. Pakistan has accused Jadhav of spreading turbulence and espionage in Balochistan.
- Senior advocate Harish Salve filed a petition on behalf of India on May 8 in the International Court. India had demanded that Jadhav be hanged before examining the merit of India’s stand.